Position Available: Assistant Manager
Rene Stud is seeking a motivated farm hand that is enthusiastic about a career in agriculture.
Rene Stud is a family owned Sheep Stud and operated stud and commercial livestock business in Culcairn NSW, approx 40km north of Albury. Multiple generations of the family live and work on the farm.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following attributes:
● Animal husbandry skills and experience with sheep
● Experience with use and maintenance of farm machinery including tractors and side by side as well as fences and stock water.
● Current car drivers license – a HR drivers license will be an advantage.
● Chemical users accreditation, or a willingness to obtain one
● Experience in chemical spraying of crops and paddocks for pre sow & weed control
● Ability to work in a team with a variety of family members, as well as independently when necessary.
● Honest, reliable and self-motivated with practical problem solving skills
● Good communication and time management skills, and an understanding of variability of working hours in agriculture.
Duties & responsibilities include:
● Animal husbandry tasks, including stud stock operations
● Stock handling and supplementary feeding
● Ability to carry out stock movements using a side by side
● Operation of farm machinery
● Fence and water repairs and maintenance
● General property repairs and maintenance
● Weed and pest spraying and pasture management
Your personal and professional development is important to us and opportunities for this will be provided accordingly. This includes the opportunity to develop skills in stud stock management, An attractive remuneration package, including incentives throughout the year will be negotiated with the successful candidate in accordance with your experience and skill set.
Fully furnished cottage is available.
To apply for this position please forward your cover letter, resume and references to Brooke Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Contact Scott Mitchell on 0407 837 129 for further information.
Applications close COB 30th May 2022
Successful applicant to start on the 4th July 2022